Where do I start in the Bible
If you're new to reading your bible, we have a guide that will help you get started. This Bible reading guide highlights some key chapters in the New Testament. It is perfect for a new reader or for a refresher course on the New Testament.
I'm New to Bible Reading!
For those of you who are new to the Bible, here are two great online resources to help you get started and grow in your faith:
How Do I Read the Bible?
The Bible is actually 66 different books in one. Here's how you find a particular verse, such as John 3:16:
1. In the Table of Contents, find out what page John starts on. Go to that page.
2. In the book of John, there are larger numbers to indicate the chapter. Find 3.
3. The smaller numbers in front of sentences are verses, find 16.
Answers from the Bible
1. How do I know that there is a God?
John 1:14,18, John 14:9-14, John 20:29-31
2. How do I know that the Bible is true?
John 5:39-40, John 7:17, Acts 17:11-12
3. How can I understand the Bible?
I Corinthians 2:9-14, John 16:13, Luke 11:13
4. Will I go to Heaven if I am doing my best to be good?
John 3:5-6,36, Romans 3:19-20, Galatians 3:10
5. Why did Jesus have to die to save sinners?
Romans 8:3, Galatians 3:10, Romans 5:12,19
6. What do I have to do to become a Christian?
Matthew 11:28, John 6:29,37, Acts 16:31
7. What is repentance? How do I repent?
Luke 24:46-47, Acts 5:30-31, Acts 20:21
8. How do I come to Christ?
I John 1:1-3, Romans 10:8-17, Mark 10:49-50
9. Why do I need faith?
Romans 10:17, Ephesians 1:12-13, Luke 16:29-31
10. How do I know that my sins will be forgiven?
Mark 2:5, Luke 7:48-50, Acts 13:38-39